You can receive this updates either from the Anahita Bazaar in the administration back-end of your Anahita installation, or by downloading and installing the Anahita update and application packages one by one.
DO MAKE SURE to make both file and database backups before applying the updates to your Anahita installation.
This minor update provides a number of bug fixes in the core libraries as well as a number of user interface and usability improvements. To name a few:
We have added a Visual and HTML editor API which is reusable in Anahita Apps. This editor is custom developed for the social networking posts and only provides the type of tags that are most commonly used in comments, topics, pages, and etc. within the body of the user generated content.
Currently Anahita ™ Discussions and Pages apps are using the editor which makes it a lot easier for all types of users to add bold, italic, block quote, and other types of stylings in their posts.
We have also changed the way comments are displayed so they take up less height. Before users had to go to the action list on top of the comment list and click on the “Comment” action before they could comment. Now they can go to the bottom of the comment list and click on the highlighted “Add a comment” area for the commenting box to appear.
When you upload new photos or create a new album, this is how the new stories are displayed. Of course the story items can be commented on.
What else should be updated?
If you are using a template other than shiraz or a custom social app that you have developed yourself, you’ll probably have to update them too.
The following are the change logs.
- -> Security Fix
- -> Bug Fix
$ -> Language fix or change
+ -> Addition
^ -> Change
- -> Removed
! -> Note
Anahita Social Networking Engine
+ Added a ptag filter for text-based HTML editor
^ the @content( method used to prepare node description fields is now wrapping text blocks in p tags
+ ul and ol tags inside the story body now have left padding
- large images within comments now have max-width styling
+ Added html/quick tag editor
+ Added overtext to add comment
- Fix playing flash video in IE
- An actor list view always show regardless of the profile privacy. This allows for the socialgraph actions to render even if an actor profile is not visable
- Privacy Form display an activity indicator when submting in ajax post
+ Added comment prompt for when a user can't comment either because they're guest/not following or the comment is closed
- checking for the banners folder was removed from the systeminfo in the back-end
+ profile actor info fields now recognize endline in the sentences
+ profile actor info fields textarea now have a height of 100px
^ Person date of birth no longer has endlines before and after it
^ instances of "My" are changed to "Viewer's" in the menu item entry points to the com_socialengine
^ search now happens in the nobe body as well as the name or title
^ css class .an-se-medium-description in socialengine.css now has word-wrap: break-word
- pagination link was constructed wrong. It is fixed now
^ all description fields are now using @content
- white-space: pre-wrap; has been removed from the discussions.css for styling the description fields
^ topic form is now 380px height
- RSS link from the board view has been removed
^ if no boards are created, no boards selector shows on the topic form
^ comment story item now includes the name of the owner as well
^ all description fields are using @content( to render
^ on photo read view the names of author and editor are now shown in the additional info area
^ images within the story feed are now larger
^ new album story is now showing the medium size cover and up to 5 image square thumbnails in the album
+ in upload.js timeLimit has been increased to 60 and the fileListMax is limited to 10
^ profile gadget translation has changed. Instead of "Photo Stream" it says "Photos"
+ Added a photo uploader HTML fallback
- Fixed the photo count after a photo delete
^ all description fields are now using @content(
- an-se-text-body class tag has been removed for all the description fields
^ milestones are sorted by endDate DESC
+ added blank component module to the todo-item default view
- closing and openning todo-items without parents was causing an error.