Whenever we reach a new milestone in our journey, it feels amazing and we cannot wait to tell you all about it. So what was accomplished during the last 4 months?
- tinyMCE editor has been removed and instead we have developed a custom HTML5 editor that is very lightweight
- improved how content is rendered in posts
- simplified and improved the social graph API
- new drag’n drop multiple file uploader in the photos app
- HTML5 form verifications
- further user interface improvements for mobile and desktop users
- cover images for Actor profiles
I am going to tell you how to upgrade to Anahita 4.1 first and then go through the 7 items one by one:
Continue reading “Anahita Birth Release 4.1 is now available”
You can fork the Anahita 4.1 Embryo release from our GitHub account. This is a code we currently use to power our own website. That is how we discover the remaining bugs and fix them until the codebase is stable and we will have a Birth release after that. If you’ve found any bugs, please report them on our Project or Tribe Support groups.
Other changes and improvement in 4.1 release are:
- a new lightweight HTML5 wysiwyg editor for apps such as topics or pages
- new photo uploader in the Photos app
If you want to track the progress of all 4.* releases check out the Anahita 4.* Vision page
We are now bug fixing all the way until we have a Birth release. The next 2 releases afterwards will be focusing on MobileFirst user experience and removing all the remaining legacy Joomla code from Anahita. That means by version 4.3 we will have a lean and mobile friendly social networking platform to build our knowledge sharing apps on.
We also want to thank the contributors from Anahita tribes especially Nick Swinford and the wonderful people in the rmdStudio team who have provided all kinds of help in terms of code or expertise to make this release happen.
Don’t just stand there: