We would like to thank our good friends and Anahita partners at the Beyounic for presenting the Anahita project at the Joomla!Day Italy 2010 on Saturday October 9th. While the Beyounic folks have been helping us promote this project in the Italian and European Joomla community, Ash and Myself have been busy working to get the next release of Anahita Social Engine and a new collection of Anahita Social Apps ready.
The Anahita – Twitter integration is the first social app that is available for the Anahita Social Engine 1.0 alpha3 codebase.
Anahita Social ™ Tweets codename David Joly from DavidJoly.com has been named after the super awesome Anahita partner who has funded half of the development hours for this social app and agreed that we release the code under the GPL2 to all the Anahita Partners and continue maintaining the codebase in Anahitapolis.
Anahita Social ™ Tweets provides all the necessary APIs for the following features:
- Reading incoming tweets from an existing Twitter @account and displaying them either in a Gadget or the Story Feed.
- Signing up a user through twitter if they don’t have a registered account. In this case they still have to register through the site but their account gets linked after registration.
- Mapping an authenticated Twitter user to an Anahita user.
- Quick Sign-in using an existing Twitter @account credentials
- Handling multiple Twitter accounts for an actor node (Person, Group, Event, Project, etc. )
- Posting a story update, custom message, or system notification from Anahita Social Engine ™ to one or many Twitter Accounts belonging to an Actor node.
The API is quite fun and simple to use. To give you an idea here is an example:
We are excited to announce that Anahita Social Engine ™ alpha2 has been released to the Anahita tribe of partners last night. This is a transition release to the alpha 3 and is not available to the public.
This release took about 67 days to build since the release of Anahita alpha1 and about half of that time was spent on upgrading the Anahita code to use the most recent Nooku Framework 0.7 code. We are hoping as we build more API and improve the Anahita framework we can reduce the time between each release.
I would like to thank my best friend and business partner Ash Sanieyan who did most of the work on this release. He is the genius behind implementation of Anahita ™ framework and platform. I like to think of him as the Harry Potter of programming. This project couldn’t have been possible to this degree of quality without him. The Anahita team would also like to thank Mr. Johan Janssens and the rest of the Nooku team who have worked with us to make this release possible.
What’s new in this release?
- Significant performance improvement due to the changes both in the framework and database model.
- Anahita Social Engine is now using the most recent version of Nooku Framework 0.7
- Implementation of Person Profile privacy settings and Privacy API which can be used within the Anahita Social Apps
- Improved implementation of the Social Graphs and also ability for people to block other unwanted people.
- Implementation of APIs that facilitate development of all kinds of Groups social apps for a social network such as: Groups, Events, Projects, Organization pages, Fan pages, etc.
- Implementation of Node Subscriptions API. This API allows Anahita Social ™ Applications to subscribe a person to a node and notify them later when a change occurs for the node. By default the notifications are handled via Emails, however, in the future Applications can customize this by adding their own notification handler such as SMS, iPhone Push Notification and etc.