We are excited to announce that Anahita Social Engine ™ alpha2 has been released to the Anahita tribe of partners last night. This is a transition release to the alpha 3 and is not available to the public.
This release took about 67 days to build since the release of Anahita alpha1 and about half of that time was spent on upgrading the Anahita code to use the most recent Nooku Framework 0.7 code. We are hoping as we build more API and improve the Anahita framework we can reduce the time between each release.
I would like to thank my best friend and business partner Ash Sanieyan who did most of the work on this release. He is the genius behind implementation of Anahita ™ framework and platform. I like to think of him as the Harry Potter of programming. This project couldn’t have been possible to this degree of quality without him. The Anahita team would also like to thank Mr. Johan Janssens and the rest of the Nooku team who have worked with us to make this release possible.
What’s new in this release?
- Significant performance improvement due to the changes both in the framework and database model.
- Anahita Social Engine is now using the most recent version of Nooku Framework 0.7
- Implementation of Person Profile privacy settings and Privacy API which can be used within the Anahita Social Apps
- Improved implementation of the Social Graphs and also ability for people to block other unwanted people.
- Implementation of APIs that facilitate development of all kinds of Groups social apps for a social network such as: Groups, Events, Projects, Organization pages, Fan pages, etc.
- Implementation of Node Subscriptions API. This API allows Anahita Social ™ Applications to subscribe a person to a node and notify them later when a change occurs for the node. By default the notifications are handled via Emails, however, in the future Applications can customize this by adding their own notification handler such as SMS, iPhone Push Notification and etc.
We have started to update the existing social apps (Photos, Discussions, Invites, Tweets) to work with the new Anahita Social Engine ™ and also going to start developing some new social apps and extensions such as: Groups, FacebookConnect, Paid Subscriptions, and posted links. Anahita provides a truly fun and powerful API and framework specialized for developing all sorts of social apps, so this stage is going to to be an awesome experience for us.
During the development of the Anahita ™ social apps and extensions we will be making adjustments to the Anahita Social Engine code and also add some new features. The result will be the Anahita ™ Alapha3 code. After that we will freeze our main feature list, continue fixing the bugs and move towards having Beta releases ready.
Get Involved, Get Updates
If you would like to develop your next business idea using the Anahita platform and framework you can always join the Anahita Tribe of Partners and get access to the entire code repository, become part of our day to day experience, learn how to develop using the Anahita framework, ask questions, share and gather knowledge.
To receive updates about the Anahita project please follow this blog or join us on any of the following social networks: