We would like to announce the release of Anahita 0.9.3 (Code Catmint) to our partners and the immediate start of the version 0.9.4 development following the Anahita roadmap
The focus of version 0.9.3 has been to improve the Anahita templating, revise a standard CSS tag structure, and refactor all the Views so the core team and partners could start developing and configuring their project sites. We have also put in just about good enough basic tools for those who wish start developing social apps by using the Anahita Social ™ Discussions and Photos as the first blue prints for developing social apps.
Developing templates for Anahita is now not much different than developing templates for Joomla, the only issue that we are still dealing with is that Anahita is using the Mootools 1.2.3 and Joomla 1.5 is still using Mootools 1.1 so if there are modules that are developed for the old version of Mootools they may not work in the Anahita environment.
We will be writing a blog post about template customization for Anahita, and thanks to the Joomla’s superb template engine and Nooku Framework, Anahita is now powered with one of the finest template engines available today.
So what will be in Anahita 0.9.4 ?
The focus of version 0.9.4 will be as following:
1. Implementing dashboard gadgets for social applications. Social applications will be able to integrate with the Social Engine dashboard view to display news and content that are coming from your social cloud.
2. Social App management System and Social App directory where users can browse applications and add them to their profile
3. Generalizing the Social Graphing API so a person, as a social network node, be able to follow the activities of other social network nodes ( people, objects, sub-containers, etc. )
4. Activity updates will be improved to handle the new social graphing implementatin
5. Improved privacy management: so developers can easily add privacy control to their social apps
6. Anahtia Social ™ Discussions app will be released as beta
7. Anahita Social ™ Photos will be revamped and become more like Flickr.com in many primary aspects. For example ability to assign images to multiple albums, tagging, commenting, slideshows, and privacy settings. We have all the API in Anahita, why not use them to build a decent photo sharing app after all?
8. Implementing FacebookConnect™ so you can help the fans and friends from facebook easily signup with your social website or possibly publish stories on the facebook from your social websites (we will see after the implementation)
Be a part of the experience
Anahita is not just one Joomla extension. It is a:
- Colleciton of extensions
- Design philosphy
If you’d like to learn the API through a peer support network of core developers and partners you can apply to become an Anahita Social ™ Partner and be a part of this amazing experience while supporting one of the most promising social web projects on the web today.
We post the daily project updates on Twitter: follow us @anahitapolis